Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why Photography?

As you can see I have not posted one single thing on my blog in a year! Not because I haven't been taking pictures because I have and I have so many new pictures to share with you, but not today.......well maybe a few, but there will be much more to come.

I had the opportunity to take pictures for the parade of homes this year (thank you husband) and I had to come up with an ad..........um talk about scarrrrrryyyyy!
Photobucket

I have never done anything like this before and it took me a long time to convince myself that I could do it. I had to stop and think about the real reason I take pictures and why I love photography.

It all started because my BEAUTIFUL and TALENTED friend Kellee sold me her old Fuji and I tagged along on her shoots with her so I could learn how to use the thing. I loved every minute of it! Lucky for me her candid photographer was having a baby and she needed to hire a new one. She hired me and took me under her wing and taught me so much. For that I am forever and ever grateful!

She is BEAUTIFUL!
Photobucket

She recently had a beautiful baby and is taking a little bit of a break from Wedding Photography. It has been an exciting little change for me. I miss hanging out with her as much, but I love going out and trying new things and finding new locations. My friends tease me because everywhere we go I am always on the look-out for fun and exciting places to shoot!

Love this spot! Thanks Jordan:)
Photobucket

I love capturing life moments! I love the candid feel of my photography sessions. I love watching the little ones try so hard to sit still and do what they are supposed to, but when they walk away I love capturing their face because they did walk away. My favorite picture of my Kids is one that Kellee took for us. My little Kody wouldn't stay! We would sit him down and he would get up and walk away as fast as he could. I will always remember that moment.

Photobucket
Little Stinker!

I think Photography should be fun! I think pictures aren't meant to be perfect! I think husbands should remind their wives that it is time for new pictures! I think everyone should have at least one silly picture of them hanging around somewhere! I think photography is important whether you are a professional or a point and shooter! I think maybe I think too much!

So I will try to be better about posting on my blog, but don't hold your breath! I want to share with you from time to time my favorite Moment of each session.
Some may be beautiful,
Some may be silly,
but each Moment will be Cherished!

3 comments:

  1. YOU are beautiful, and so is your photography! Im excited to see you blogging again, and hope to see more of your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! It is wonderful that you are so good and love it! Can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete